September 7, 2017 7:00 PM
- President, Chris Stoneking opened the meeting by welcoming everyone.
- Chris welcomed visitor, Karen Moisey(sp.), to the club. She is on a committee to clean graffiti from Mt. Pleasant and learned of the Photo Club through her internet research. She enjoys photographing the mountain and surrounding areas.
- John Daniels encouraged more members to forward their photos to him to display on the club’s Flikr account. If you have any photos you would like to share on this venue, please email a digital file to him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- John Daniels requested that any photos from the Pine Lake Estates fireworks outing that you would like to donate to the Association for future promotions be given to him so that he can deliver them to the appropriate board members.
- Chris S. asked members to bring their cameras to the November meeting as he plans to have “shooting stations” to photograph still life scenes, edit your files during the month in digital format and then give to Chris. During the January meeting, Chris would like to have a Q&A about composition and perspective.
- There will be 3rd quarter Scavenger Hunt judging at the October meeting. Categories are: Within a Frame, Harvest, Toys, Splash, Windows, Art, and Open(anytime).
- Please email any of your ideas about the Club to an officer or the respective committee it pertains to.
- Chris S. would like to see increased use of the website as a Club resource. He presented the idea of posting videos of the meetings for members that were unable to attend. He thought that there may be a need to increase website security to make it members only accept for the home page.
- Chris S. is working on a list of potential program ideas for upcoming years.
- It was mentioned that Chris Angel has one of his photos appearing in the National Parks calendar. Congratulations!!!
- Chris Angel will also be exhibiting his work in a gallery in the Short North. Please contact him or Rhonda if you would like dates and the location to attend.
- Chris S. mentioned the idea of having name tags with lanyards produced so that club members can be easily identified at events.
- Chris S. also mentioned the idea of having new club T-shirts designed. Jo suggested the local company PSI and is going to contact the company for a quote.
- Lithopolis Honeyfest: Friday and Saturday, September 8th and 9th.
- Scavenger Hunt at Alley Park: Sunday, September 10th from 9am-4pm.
- The treasury balance is currently $128.00.
- A few member’s dues remain unpaid but mainly from members that have not recently attended any meetings.
- Fair booth fee has been paid.
- Chris would like to have all 2018 dues paid before the February meeting.
- Alley Park Exhibit:
- Chris thanked all members who helped to refinish display boards at the August meeting
- 2017 Alley Park set-up Friday September 8th from 2-8pm. Exhibit hours will be Saturday, September 9th from 10am-6pm and Sunday, September 10th from 11am-5pm.
- Bonnie passed around a food list. Please supply your own beverages but some bottled water will be provided.
- Donations were collected at the meeting to purchase paper products and plasticware/cutlery for the event.
- Tim has a head count of 22 photographers displaying. Spaces will be assigned to members upon arrival.
- Classes that will be presented at the exhibit: Q&A on Light room presented by Chris Angel (Saturday), Photo Restoration presented by Sue Finch (Sunday at 1pm) “Make It, Take It presented by Bonnie Parker. DIY Photography Hacks (Saturday and Sunday) and Building a Website presented by Tim Parker (Sunday).
- Bring any camera equipment/accessories that you would like to present to the club or have questions about that another member may be able to assist you with.
- The idea has been discussed previously to change the contest judging to before the exhibit starts so that attendees will know which photos the judges picked for each of category. The committee is examining the idea of having a Thursday set-up, Friday, entries will be judged and then winners will be notated during the exhibit.
- This year the judging will be on Sunday morning as it has been in previous years.
- Chris Angel is donating a framed piece of his work as a raffle prize to raise funds for the club’s treasury.
- There will be a sign-in sheet at the door. Please sign in each day you attend.
- There will also be a sign-in sheet for the public to gather information from interested, prospective members.
- Club information sheets will be available at the front table.
- Please present any ideas you have for future Alley Park Exhibits to Tim, Chris S., Bonnie p, or Sue F. Any/all ideas are welcomed and encouraged.
- Categories for the photo contest are Flora, Landscape, Architecture, Animals, Black & White and Macro.
- If you have any extra photos to display, please bring them in the event that there are empty display boards that need filled.
- 2018 Alley Park dates are September 8th and 9th.
- There will not be a slide presentation this year unless someone is able to quickly put one together.
- The 2018 Fairfield County Fair is Sunday, October 8th to Saturday, October 14th.
- Booth set-up is Saturday, October 7th from 10am-12pm. Please come during the earlier part of set-up. If you arrive at the end of the time period, there is not a guarantee that there will still be room for your photos to be placed.
- Kamal is bringing a ladder and Eric and Kamal are providing a couple of stools.
- Each member may bring 3-4 photos. There is no size limit but if you bring a very large piece, it may limit how many photos you can display based on space availability and fairness to allow all members the opportunity to display their work.
- Tear down will be Sunday, October 15th from 12-2pm.
- People’s Choice ballots will be available at the booth as well as the idea was presented to display last year’s winner.
3rd Quarter Scavenger Hunt Categories
- Within a Frame
- Open (Anytime)
Meeting Adjourned by Chris Stoneking at approximately 8:30 pm.