June 1, 2017 7:00 PM
- President, Chris Stoneking opened the meeting by welcoming everyone.
- The club’s annual summer potluck will be held at the July meeting. We will conduct normal business, scavenger hunt judging and Kamal will present a program on White Balance. Please bring a dish to share and provide your own beverages.
- John Daniels stated the club’s Flikr account is up and running for club members to share photos. He encourages members to submit their photos to him and he will make sure they are posted to the site. It is “MtPleasantPhotoClub” and can be found under the people tab on either the website or the app. The direct link to the site is flickr.com/photos/mpphotoclub/ and John’s email address is firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The Ohio State Fair Photography Competition is accepting entries until June 20th, 2017. All entries are submitted online; Chris Stoneking handed out information. Please contact him if you would like to receive the information he provided at the meeting.
- Lancaster Festival Photography Contest: You may submit one framed photo (minimum frame size 5×7 and maximum frame size 14×18) for each category of Scenic, Plants, People, and Animals. Four framed photos allowed per participant following the above guidelines. Pieces may be submitted to the Festival Office or Fair Office before the noon deadline on July 20th. Chris Stoneking has information and entry forms. Please contact him if interested in participating.
- Schnormeier Gardens: Gambier, Ohio, June 2nd-4th, 2017. Public open house Friday through Sunday from 10 am to 4 pm.
- Lancaster Old Car Club Show: June 3rd & 4th, 2017 at the Fairfield County Fairgrounds.
- Walk Through Historic Lebanon: Sunday, June 4, 2017. Club members attending this outing may meet at the Golden Lamb at 10:00 am.
- Earth Angel’s Car Show: Friday and Saturday, June 17th & 18th at the Fairfield County Fairgrounds.
- The Coshocton Ohio Hot Air Balloon Festival: June 8, 9, & 10, 2017. Free Admission, no parking fees. Coshocton County Fairgrounds, 707 Kenilworth Ave. Coshocton, OH
- Coshocton Dulcimer Days: Friday June 16th– Sunday, June 18th, 2017.
12:00pm – 10:00pm
- Firework Display at Pine Lake Estates: Monday, July 3rd, 2017. Fireworks will begin at sundown. John will set up some canopies and picnic tables for the event, if desired, but he will need help from several club members and particularly a member with a truck to move the tables. The Association requests that club members donate some samples of their work from the firework display to be used in future promotions. They also request monetary donations to help reimburse the association member that foots the majority of the expenses. Please give any donations directly to John so he can ensure they are received by the proper person. Club members are welcome to bring friends and family to this event. Bring your own folding chairs. Last year parking was not a concern. Please contact John Daniels if you need directions to the fireworks’ location.
- National Road Bike Show and Rib Fest: Saturday, June 17th, 2017 from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm. Wheeling Ave. Cambridge, OH 43725
- Washboard Music Festival: Thursday, June 15th -Saturday, June 17th, 2017. 12:00 pm-11:00 pm. Main Street at Worthington Park Logan, OH 43138.
- Fireworks’ Demonstration at the Fireworks’ Warehouse: Saturday, June 3rd, 2017 at approximately 9:30 pm. Opportunity to practice shooting fireworks prior to Independence Day.
- Columbus Art Festival: June 9th-11th, 2017. Downtown Columbus.
Treasurer’s Report: (Aileen Jacobs)
- No treasurer’s report was presented at the meeting as Aileen was unable to attend.
- Currently, no new topics. See topics below which fall under their own heading.
Fairfield County Library Exhibit
- The 2017 exhibit photos will be based on the theme “Build a Better World”. All photos submitted for the display should be subject matter created around the ideas of architecture, building, recycling, construction, bettering our world, and people helping people.
- The set-up date is Sunday, June 11, 2017 from 1:00 pm to 4:45 pm.
- The Artist Reception will be Sunday, June 25th, 2017 from 2-4pm with the exhibit running until July 14th.
- Members may bring 3-4 pieces each; ready to hang. Anyone that would like to bring an extra photo or two would be appreciated if additional framed pieces are needed to fill the display area.
- Susan is creating a scavenger hunt to encourage patrons that attend the exhibit to “really look” at the photographs; to create an interactive experience.
- Susan will create cards for each display stating the title, photographer’s name, price or NFS, as well as a short description of the photo. Please submit these to Susan, preferably in a digital format to make it easier for her to reproduce.
- Art Walk: The Art Walk is July 21, 2017. Drop off is June 19th through June 23rd during FCHC business hours (8:00 am – 5:00 pm) with additional evening hours on Thursday the 22nd until 7pm. The photos will be hung on June 24th. Anyone interested in helping (especially anyone tall), please contact Susan Finch. Please start picking up any pieces that are currently on display anytime during FCHC business hours or when you drop off your items for the 2017 Art Walk exhibit.
- Alley Park Exhibit: Chris is still waiting to hear the status of the supply donation request from Menards. He is considering making a request to Lowe’s as well. It was suggested that the boards in the worst condition be redone this year and attempt to do additional boards in subsequent years based on their condition.
Fireworks Photography Program (Presented by Chris Angel and Kamal)
- Site preparation: Preview location avoiding poles, trees, streetlamps, etc. Desirable to have something in the background or possibly a water reflection.
- Lens Choice: Wide angle lens for landscape mode. High fireworks, 50mm or telephoto for portrait mode.
- Shot Set Up (accessories needed): Tripod, cable release, red flashlight, extra batteries and memory card, hat, or another item to use as a lens cover. Desirable to shoot in RAW at 100-200 film speed with Auto ISO and optical stabilization/vibration reduction feature turned off. Shoot in Manual mode using a lens hood. Best to prefocus or set to infinity and “go with it”. To hold prefocus and zoom setting, use tape to hold lens in place. Don’t frame too tight, crop later during editing. In Manual mode, put shutter on bulb setting and aperture between f /8-16. Turn off noise reduction feature.
- You may visit angel-gallery.com/fireworks for fireworks photography information as well as images.
- Local Firework Exhibit Dates: Buckeye Lake Fest, June 17, 2017 at 9:30 pm. Pine Lake Estates Firework Exhibit, July 3, 2017 at 9:30 pm and Lancaster 4th of July Celebration on July 4, 2017 at the Fairfield County Fairgrounds.
Meeting Adjourned by Chris Stoneking at approximately 8:10 pm.